Looking for a straighter smile in 2021 but not sure what the best option for you is? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. A 2020 study found that more than 46% of adults that were considering cosmetic teeth procedures were put off by the sheer volume of options that were available to them on the market.
To make things a little easier, we are looking at some of the key differences between clear aligners and braces and what the most suitable option is for your individual circumstances.
Benefits of Clear Aligners Include
If you’re looking to get Clear Aligners Melbourne, there are no shortage of options on the market. However, for prospective customers that are not fortunate enough to be located in central CBD areas, finding the appropriate treatment from home can be a bit more difficult. Here are some of the benefits of clear aligners vs. Braces.
- Aligners are less noticeable
- Aligners allow you to remove them as you eat
- Aligners are completely removeable and easy to clear
- Aligners are easier to maintain and require fewer trips to the orthodontist
- Aligners are generally more comfortable and less intrusive than braces
Benefits of Braces Include
Braces are generally seen as a more traditional option when it comes to permanent teeth straightening options. Due to their widespread availability and prevelance in the dental community, braces has come a rite of passage for individuals that are looking to achieve a straight smile.
- Braces are applicable in almost all dental cases
- Braces come in a variety of styles
- Braces are a permanent solution and cannot be removed
- You cannot “forget” your braces at home – they require no thought and little maintenance.
The advice provided in this article is not medical advice and we strongly recommend that individuals consult with a dental professional who can assess their individual circumstances before moving forward with any cosmetic dental work.