Hotstar is an Indian on-demand subscription streaming service that is operated by Entertainment Distribution and Disney Media and, a part of The Walt Disney Company. However, Hotstar’s video-based subscription is available in the US officially. In America, you can watch Hotstar US from its official app or website or easily.
Hotstar holds a significant position in terms of displaying quality content on TV. Hotstar is not only for sports lovers, but it also entertains all the viewers based on the diverse content it offers.
What could be more valuable when you can save money without compromising on the quality? Hotstar supports almost all the Start Channels in the Indian market. In the US, you can get your Hotstar premium subscription for $9.99 per mo. or $74.99 per yr. You can also find the Hotstar app on Apple App Store, Amazon App Store, and Google Play Store, in America. You do not even need to change your location from settings or VPN to download the app on your iOS and Android devices in the US.
If you are looking for traditional cable or satellite service, you can find some prominent names including Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox, etc. However, you must know that not all providers are serviceable in all the regions of the US. Only a handful of ISPs are accessible at one location, and they are still are some places where cable services have not reached yet. Places that do not have enough potential customer base or demand, countryside, or anywhere the cable network underground infrastructure cannot be built. Such regions rely on satellite services.
Some customers prefer the customer support to be as good as the overall services and for those customers, we can recommend Mediacom customer support without thinking twice. Either way, even if you are using any streaming services, you would be investing in a good internet connection and responsive customer support is equally important.
How to run Hotstar (now known as Disney + Hotstar) on your Smart TV?
Following are a few easy steps that you need to follow to watch it on your Smart TV:
- Open the Hotstar app and go to My Account.
- Note down the code that it will show to you.
- Open the websitehotstar.com/activate through your mobile, tablet, or laptop.
- Now, just log in to your account and enter the code that you noted before.
Hotstar also gives you a free trial option to let new users understand if it matches their expectations. The app offers many top streaming choices that you cannot find on any of the streaming platforms.
Can I watch Hotstar on TV?
Yes, you can. But how exactly? Here are a few ways that you can follow to watch Hotstar on your TV screen:
- Use the Amazon Fire Stick to enjoy Hotstar services on your TV.
- Connect your pc or laptop with your TV set and display the content from your device to your TV.
- You can also try the cast or mirror feature of the Google Chromecast for watching Hotstar on your TV.
Which is the best browser for Hotstar?
Hotstar works best with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (Windows 7 or Mac OS 10.2+). However, you will require Adobe Flash for watching this on your system.
Can I watch Hotstar on PC without paying anything?
For watching Hotstar on your PC for free, you will have to:
- Download the Free Hotstar App for PC.
- Download Blue stacks software/Android emulator.
- Login to your Google Account and download the APK version of Hotstar.
- Install it and get a free ID and Password for the Hotstar Premium account.
- Open Hotstar on your PC and log in using these credentials.
What are the compatible devices for Hotstar?
The Hotstar app works fine with:
- Laptop or Desktop Browsers.
- Safari (version 11+)
- Chrome (version 75+).
- Microsoft Edge (version 79+).
Devices for your home:
- Google Chromecast [Gen2 above (Firmware 1.43+)]
- Android TV (7.1 OS and above)
- Apple TV OS 11+ (Gen 4 and above)
- Samsung Smart TV (models 2018 and onwards)
- Amazon Fire TV
- iOS v10+
- Android mobile 4.4.4+
- iPad v10+
- Mobile web