Imagine yourself in a bakery. The new batch of fresh bread loaves has just come out of the oven. The mouth-watering smell of fresh bread is distracting and makes you crave for a fresh slice of bread with butter. But the reality is rather sad. You are at home and the yearning for some fresh bread and soft butter does not seem to be going away anytime soon. Before you make a run to the bakery, stop! We have a simple, easy and quick recipe for making bread at home in a pressure cooker. Read the recipe below and make the softest bread ever at the convenience of your home.
- Plain flour – 3 cups
- Instant yeast – 2 teaspoons
- Softened butter – 3 tablespoon
- Warm water – 1 ¼ cup
- Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Milk – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt or sand – for pre-heating the pressure cooker
- In a steel mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, yeast and salt.
- Pour hot water in the mixture and mix again.
- Add butter to the mixture and begin to knead the mixture into a dough.
- Once the dough is ready, apply ½ tablespoon oil over the dough.
- Cover the mixture with a wet muslin cloth and set it aside for thirty minutes. The dough will rise and double in size during this time.
- Select a container for making the bread. The container should either be tall or wide and be heat-proof. Grease the container with oil.
- After 30 minutes, remove the wet muslin cloth and place the dough on a flat surface.
- Knead the dough again for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the dough inside the greased container. Ensure the container is bigger than the quantity of the dough in order to allow the dough to rise while cooking.
- Place 2 cups of salt or sand in the pressure cooker. Cover the pressure cooker with its lid (without gasket and whistle.)
- Brush the dough with milk.
- After 10 minutes, open the pressure cooker and place the dough container inside. Cover the pressure cooker with its lid again (without gasket and whistle) and cook for 30 minutes on medium flame.
- After 30 minutes, the dough will be golden brown. Bread is ready! Remove the bread from the pressure cooker and allow it cool down. Rub one tablespoon butter to give the bread a shiny texture.
Cut equidistant slices from the loaf and enjoy it butter or a chocolate spread.